I spent the last quarter of 2010 looking for a new light for over the kitchen table. I went to variety of lighting stores and lighting departments looking for just the perfect light, at just the perfect price, with just the perfect wattage. I searched on-line numerous times. I saw plenty of beautiful lights but my heart was set on a drum pendent, a special drum pendent with style and class. I found some very stylish and classy lights but they also had a very classy price!! And even I have my limits $$$$$$, even though Steve always says, well, you know what he says. . . "You can't take it with you". I may not be able to take it with me but I want to go out with a little something left in my pocket!!!!! There might be a BK Root Beer stand on my way out!! Yum, can't wait 'til they open in the Spring. The light search was becoming less fun with every day so eventually I just gave up. Christmas was coming, our trip to Florida was getting close, and I just felt a little stingy with the dollars. Fast forward to January 2011. I can't remember what I was going to Lowes for but while I was there I thought I would look through the lighting section just one more time and lo and behold there it was, hanging in all its glory, making every other light near it look light crap. "WOW" I said. "That's it". It just looked like something Steve and I would both like. It met criteria one: stylish. It met criteria two: classy. And it met criteria three: enough wattage, and YES, it was in my price range!! Off I went to get a cart, snatched that baby up, and headed to the check out. Swipped the card, said thank you to the nice voice from the self checker and off I went before anyone stopped me. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, or should I say 'buy what you gotta buy'! That is just one of the perks of not having children at home any more. You too, if not all ready, will get there someday.
So, what do you think? Nice huh? And Steve never complained once about hanging it. I am so lucky to have a husband you will do anything I ask of him, well, at least when it comes to home improvement! He is my "Handy Man", written and sung by James Taylor, which reached #4 in 1977. Google it.
No comments:
Post a Comment