Apr 10, 2011

DINNER OUT

Steve and I recently had dinner with Garrett, Natalie, and Amanda.  We spent the evening at the Iron Horse Restaurant in Glendale. 

I knew before we arrived that dinner was going to be a little pricey based on the pictures of the dinner entrees on their website.  But Steve and I were up for it.  Sometimes it's not about the cost but about the conversation and atmosphere and that is exactly what we found. . . lots of great conversation, the 'CAIN' style of conversation, that can get a little juicy from time to time, and a very relaxing atmosphere with live music that caused some occasional toe tapping.




Steve had the Flat Iron Steak
special accompanied by a scallop
and asparagus.  Gotta love the
 presentation of the asparagus! 
And of course, Steve especially
liked the 'green goo'.  Oh sorry. . .
Salsa Verde!!






Amanda, Natalie's sister, had the Roast Chicken entree, note the green goo again, while Garrett and Natalie both had the Sea Scallop entree.   While my pictures do not do justice to the creativity of the chef, the scallop meal was the most beautifully presented.  

Last but not least, I chose the
Classic Steak Frites, with red
onions and french green beans. 
I chose this entree first of all because it was s-t-e-a-k and secondly because  it had a vegetable other than asparagus, YUK and spinach, YUK-YUK.



TWO THUMBS UP to Chef Jackson Rouse.  Had I given the asparagus and spinach a chance I may have liked them both but I have memories of canned spinach and canned asparagus from childhood and  cannot bring myself to eat them as an adult.  TWO THUMBS up to the owner of the restaurant for the atmosphere, and last but not least TWO THUMBS up to Garrett, Natalie, and Amanda for a great evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment