Hello from Caddo Lake State Park at Karnack, Texas.
"WOW" pretty much describes it.
If I am this excited about these trees I may actually pass out when
I see the giant redwoods in California!!
Big Cypress Bayou
"WOW" pretty much describes it.
If I am this excited about these trees I may actually pass out when
I see the giant redwoods in California!!
Big Cypress Bayou
June 1
We spent the day in and around Shreveport, Louisiana antique shopping. We found a few odds and ends to bring back with us. Yes, we have added a few locks to our all ready out of control lock collection! We had some great conversation and laughs with this man and woman at the College Collectibles Antique Shop. It is just too bad that I can't recall their names. We talked about gators, the dog she saved from near death after being mistreated by its previous owner, crayfish eatin' (YUK) and just good ole southern folklore. He wanted me to know that he and she are not a couple, just friends, hangin' out, selling antiques, etc!
The city of Marshall, Texas, population approximately 24,000, is about 15 miles south of the state park. We drove through it on our way to Shreveport but had no idea of its history until our trip back 'home' and our stop at the Texas informaton center. . . where Steve proceeded to collect 'numerous' brochures!
- In 1854 the first Texas telegraph office opened in Marshall.
- In 1898 the first department store in Texas was opened in Marshall.
- It was the first city in Texas to have electricity after the installation of a single light bulb.
- The Marshall Pottery company was opened in 1895 and is still in business.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesse Jackson were both educated in Marshall, Texas.
The historic 1901 Harrison County Courthouse at the square in downtown Marshall
Since the beginning of Steve and Kim's BIG Adventure I have had this thing for Burger King frozen cokes. I don't know exactly why. . they just sound GOOD! Steve is getting hooked now! Up until today they have been very easy to come by. . . that is when you ask for a 'frozen coke' not a 'coke ICEE' as I have always called them. Steve and I must have visited 5 or 6 Burger Kings in the Shreveport area looking for a frozen coke. Either the machine was broken, they only had cherry, it wasn't frozen yet, or the service sucked sooo bad that I almost blew a gasket! Holy Crap. . . how hard is it anyway!! But lady luck finally shined her light on us in Marshall and we each had a frozen coke!! Ahhhhhhhh!! It was 104 degrees at 6:00 pm. We needed some refreshment! Picture this. . .me walking out of Burger King with both 'ICEES' raised high over my head with a smart _ _ _ grin on my face. . . like I had just won "one million dollars" as Dr. Evil would say in Austin Powers. It's the simple things in life that keep us going and laughing!
It is a short stay at Caddo Lake State Park. We will be leaving in the morning for Austin, Texas and Oak Grove RV Park. They have cable!! We will be there from June 2 - June 6 and we hope to find some good ole Texas BBQ and some potent mararitas!!
YEE HAW. . . stay tuned!!


No comments:
Post a Comment