May 8, 2011

Countdown continued. .. . continued

DAY 7:  PLAYING GRANDMA

It was Grandma and Mia Day.  Rumor has it that Mia loves chicken nuggets and yes. . . it is indeed true.  She also thinks she likes cheeseburgers until she has a bite and then spits it out all over herself and looks cute doing it! 

Why don't I ever remember it being so hard and that's with just one child, not three or four. 

Picture this: 

Me holding Mia, ordering food, trying to get money out of my purse, still holding Mia but decided to let her stand right beside me because I can't seem to find my billfold in that bottonless pit I call a purse.  She is soooooo sweet standing right beside me holding on to my leg.  Now that the food is ready: chicken nuggets, a single, a french fry, and a diet coke, I pick Mia up, grab the tray and head to a table in the back.  Uh Oh. . . Mia has dropped her babydoll.  Thank goodness for the kind lady who picked it up for me. 
Now that the tray of food is on the table I am in search of a highchair, still holding Mia.  The search is now complete and we head back to the table.  Darn it, I left Mia's milk in the truck along with the disposable placemats.   Where were those in the 80's?  Opps. . . I forgot napkins.  Again, thank goodness that an employee was cleaning off a nearby table and kindly went up front to get some napkins for us.  One minute later and no help in sight. . .Opps. .. . no straw.  Now there is no option. . . I can't leave Mia sitting there all by herself so out she comes from her highchair and up front we go to get a straw.  Back to the table, back in the high chair and eating commences.  She's talking to me but I can't speak 'baby' so I have no idea what she's saying but we giggle and laugh and have some very memorable granddaughter/grandma moments! 


The day ended at the ballpark where we watched another
future major leaguer show off his baseball stuff!   

Check out the baseball spikes, batting gloves and helmet!
If your gonna do it, DO IT IN STYLE!

Notice the bat and the determination on Cade's face!!
First pitch, first swing, FIRST HIT!!!!  Awesome!!

He's growing up soooo fast. 
GrandDad and I need to capture every moment we can!!
We Love You Cade!


No comments:

Post a Comment