May 8, 2011

Countdown continued

DAY 12 - DAY 8

I don't think Steve or I had any idea how much 'stuff' needs to be done in order to leave home for two and a half months.  Over the past few days Steve has been getting the truck and the RV ready to go and will continue through next Thursday I imagine!  I, on the other hand, have been working on making sure all of the bills are paid and taking care of how I will continue to manage the everyday business of the household even though we will be gone.  I think we have both made it to the top of the hill and are beginning our descent down to launch day!!

Nevertheless we have still managed to have some fun!!  We had dinner with our friends Bob and Nancy at the Twin Dragon!  Of course, Bob will never forget the 'NEAR-DEATH-RIDE' in the back lot of Kahn's and I always look forward to great conversations and laughs with Nancy!  They are great dinner companions and friends!

We watched a future major leaguer, Jace, play 'Blast' Ball.  "What is that"?, you asked.  When a fielder gets the ball he or she holds it up high and yells. . . . BLAST!  It is actually very cute to see 3 and 4 years olds having such fun! 
                                                                              
You probably can't see it, but if you knew Jace, you would know that he is
smiling ear-to-ear as he winds up for his swing.  And, even though he loves batting, time in the field is not quite as exciting!!


We even had time to take in a Reds game.  Thanks to the 'ticket salesman' outside the stadium we had great seats at a great price.  Steve managed to also take in two sausage sandwiches and I managed one Big Red Smokey and nachos!! 
Food and Fun at the Ballpark!! 



JO-EY, JO-EY, JO-EY
stay tuned. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment