Jun 20, 2011

Special Edition. . . Big Adventure

Today there are no pictures.  I will return to the regular blog in the near future but we are taking a break today.  As you may know we had trouble with the air conditioner on the truck in Roswell, New Mexico. . . those darn aliens!!  After a $1400 bill we pulled away from Roswell Toyota believing all of our troubles were over. . . NOT.  By the time we reached Blythe, California it was blowing HOT air so we made our way to Indio, California where we were told that the air conditioning had a slow leak.  The service department at Indio recharged it (which only lasted half a day) and added some dye.  But they couldn't find a leak and suggested that we drive it for a few days and then stop at another Toyota dealer along our travels and have them search for the leak.  So today we arrived in Modesto, California with plans to visit Yosemite and San Francisco but our first stop was Modesto Toyota.  We arrived around 8:30am and were greeted with friendship and smiles.  To make what could easily be a long story short, after 6 hours of wait time, during which I was very patient (up until the last half hour!) we are told that the mechanic in Roswell did not atttach something correctly and the   expansion valve, whatever that is, was destroyed. . . a $1600 whatever!  At this point I nearly lost it but I am trying to hang in there.  :)  Who will pay is the big question????  Modesto does not want to incur the cost and most definitely neither do we. . . so maybe Roswell Toyota. . .the answer to this question will be determined tomorrow.  OK, so we go to rent a car from the dealership and the nice young lady says they have just one rental left and it is being washed and wants to know if we will wait.  WAIT.....really? I have been waiting for over 6 hours now.  It is at this time that I nearly lose it. . . not to yell or scream at anyone. . .but just to have a good old fashioned crying meltdown.  It took all I had not to because I knew if I did your dad, or Steve to some of you, who was all ready about to lose it as well, would go over the edge. 

It is now around 8:00pm California time and we have had a little time to mellow with a little help from a nice steak dinner, a couple of drinks, and a nice comfortable room at the Modesto Comfort Inn.  I sure am looking forward to a soaking bath after a dip in the pool.  We are both looking very hard for the good in this situation and are trying very hard not to let it ruin the day or our time spent in California.  Will we have to modify our plans a little?  Probably.  Nevertheless, we have a lot of great places to visit yet and look forward to what lies ahead down the roads we will travel.

Here is just a little tease of what you will see in the upcoming post. . .
stay tuned. . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, so sorry about your truck troubles!! Praying that the dealer owns the mistake without giving you a headache! Amazing Sequoya pic. So fun to follow you on your journey! Miss and love you!!

    ReplyDelete